Monday 28 December 2015

#132 Infinity (Valkyries: Soaring Raven #1) by Sedona Venez

#132 Infinity (Valkyries: Soaring Raven #1)  by Sedona Venez

**Firstly I would like to thank the author for allowing me to read this for free in exchange for a review. Secondly I would like them to know that I thoroughly enjoyed it and that I have bought part 2 off amazon.**

What I loved most about this book was that there is no shortage of new boy crushes for a reader like me to get attached to and in this book they come in all shapes and sizes; bad boy vampires, warrior wolves and many more.

This is an alternating Point of view book but the other points of view are non-frequent since the book is very much centred on main character Infinity. Infinity at first comes across as a spoiled bratty musical performer with very few problems in life but as the story develops she actually turns into a character I enjoyed reading about. As a whole world of problems arise that she didn’t think existed she has to try to learn things for herself. But she is taken away by a guy to meet his family in time to leave us with plenty of suspense.

Secondary characters include Infinity’s mother Kara, werewolves Torch and Boulder, best friends Zoe and Diego and vampire Alik. In short there are a lot and I’m not wanting to comment on a few of them as they weren’t in the book for very much. I will however comment on Kara, Zoe and Diego as there was quite a lot of info on them. Kara is the adoptive mother of Infinity and she remains throughout the book to be holding back some of her mysteries and I do hope to get to the bottom of those mysteries. Zoe and Diego are Infinity’s best friends throughout the film; they share witty banter and made me smile more than a few times, in a book like this when there is a lot of stuff happening these two characters were the bits that made me giggle.

The storyline was very good but I thought towards the end of the book the pacing got to be a bit too much although it has left me wanting more and I will be reading the next in the series very soon.


5 stars I loved this book. Can’t wait to read book 2 

No comments:

Post a Comment