Saturday 24 September 2016

Escaping Love (Koning Clan, #2) by Debra Smith

I’m starting to find that once you’ve read enough of these type of books they’re all the same and although they remain to be quick and easy reads they no longer hold my interest like they used to. This book was no exception to the rule and while it has been a while since I’ve read the first in the series I found myself thinking that any book of the same genre that has stayed in my head could have been the first book in the series. It was a good standalone book and I didn’t think knowing which book came first really mattered as apart from the occasional mention of the two characters from the previous book it could have been completely independent.

The main characters are Alex and Clint; Alex is a girl escaping from the family pressure that has been bestowed on her by her being a rare shifter. She runs into Clint while seeking an audience with another female shifter to try and get out of her predicament. Clint is acting as in charge while the two characters from the previous book are away on their honeymoon so takes the protection of Alex very seriously, inviting her into his house. Since her father sent people after her his home is quickly left and they move to Clint’s family’s home. The two main characters are instantly attracted to each other from when they first meet each other but it takes a while for them to warm to each other. The two main characters are pretty likeable but not unlike other characters in these types of books. 

There are a few secondary characters however if this series is as much like the others I’ve read then they will be further explored in their own book where they find love.

The storyline is similar to other books I’ve read however still enjoyable; these are university romance books are what I turn to when I want an easy and quick read; a pallet cleanser. The pacing was good and I will continue with the series whenever I want something to read that I don’t have to think about.

4 stars an interesting read.

No comments:

Post a Comment