Tuesday 22 March 2016

Zoey Rogue (Incubatti, #1) by Lizzy Ford

I love this book, I think I read it too much but it just gets better every time I read it. The characters are what makes this book amazing, it is so easy to fall in love with these characters and the amazing story the author tells. I have to reread this book to remind me how much I love it and the author who became my favourite shortly after I read this book the first time.

The main character is the title character Zoey, Zoey is a strong and opinionated half succubus who spends her time killing half incubuses (Cambodians). Zoey is being manipulated in a game for power she didn’t even realise was happening, and finding her mate seems to throw everything up in the air. I love Zoey she is utterly a joy to read about and I feel I relate to her a lot as she is angry at the world yet trying to remain normal (ish).

The most noteworthy secondary characters I feel are Vicky and Declan. Vicky is the best friend/ tequila and shots friend we all have and who leads us astray, she is also mated to Declan’s brother and kills Cambodian’s with Zoey. Declan is Zoey’s mate and the head enforcer of the Incubus society, he is a real stickler for the rules which is why the pairing with Zoey seems so far-fetched but it also leads to some very swoon worthy moments between them.

The storyline is brilliantly original especially given this was the first books of this kind I read, and the pacing was superb leading onto the second book in the series very nicely.

5 stars still an all time favourite

No comments:

Post a Comment