Wednesday 18 March 2015

#104 The dwarf and the twins, Katharina Gerlach

#104 The dwarf and the twins, Katharina Gerlach

*I have received a copy of this book from the author for a honest review.*

This book is a fantastic retelling of a classic story with a twist. It was expertly written being short in length but bit in storyline having numerous things happening to the main characters as they embark on a great journey.

The main characters are Snow White and Red Rose and I am so happy to say that Red Rose is finally in a book that truly gives her a story of their own. In this book Red and Snow are independently living out of the castle that is normally Snow White’s home. The two sisters are very different with Snow being happy staying in the same place and Red being happy to wander and go on adventures. The two characters I felt were fantastically written and kept me hooked on the adventure they go on together.

The secondary characters I felt most noteworthy are the dwarf and the fairy godmother. These two characters are driving influences in the book as they are characters who drive the twins to go on their adventure. They also help the twins along the way in terms of offering advice and helpful hints and tips.

The pacing and storyline are great as they offer something different. The pacing in a short book is I think a challenge to get right since there is less space to have the same impact on the readers but I do think this book aces it giving us a great story and keeping us wanting to read more about the characters. The storyline is also very original and unlike anything I have ever read to do with one or more of these characters; I very much enjoyed the twist on this classic tale.


4 stars a really great read- I’d recommend this book to everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you liked the story. Thank you for posting on your blog too.

    ReplyDelete